How are you doing on your 2018 Resolution? The excitement was in the air, fireworks got you all fired up and a little too much champers also added fuel to that fire; 2018 was going to be your year! If sprinting for a notepad to write down your new year’s resolutions and jumping to unrealistic expectations were a sport, you’d probably be on your way to the Olympics. And what is usually at the top of our list (except for finally defusing all our vices)?
“Lose a dress size.”
“I want to bulk up.”
“I’m going to be more active.”
“I’m going to get fit and start running marathons.”
“I’m going to eat healthy.”
But the odds are that all these good intentions have probably face-planted into the muck like a clumsy race horse only a couple of metres out of the gate. The unfortunate fact is that ONLY 10% of people actually stick to their resolutions.
Does this mean that we should just give up? That the only New Year’s resolution we should focus on is NOT making any new year’s resolutions?
Not if we tackle WHY we can’t seem to hack it:
- Going at it alone – sadly we are not too worried about disappointing ourselves than we are disappointing others. You need someone who will hold you accountable.
- Unrealistic goals – Everyone is unique; that also goes for our bodies. Just as unrealistic as it is to think that you will grow another 4 inches when you’re 50, just as unrealistic it is to expect to turn into a Victoria Secret model in your late 30’s after 4 kids.
- Impossible expectations – Even if your goals are realistic, your timeline is often not. If you expect a complete physical transformation within 2 weeks, you are bound to get discouraged.
- Giving up too easily – Unlike the famous saying, when the going gets tough, the tough tend to just give up.
- Time flies – Living a healthy lifestyle has a time commitment attached to it that people often underestimate. When life gets busy, we revert back to the fast food and couch surfing after a tiresome day.
- Finances – There is nothing more uninspiring or demotivational than forking out thousands for something you are already not too amped about.
- No roadmap – How can you get to a specific destination if you don’t know how to get there in the first place? It’s absolutely crucial to have a plan that’s based on your personal requirements and uniqueness.
- Lack of belief – Do you really know how amazing you are? There is LITERALLY no-one else in the world like you! It’s time to set all those self-doubts aside and start believing in yourself.
We get you. At Hot Feet Fitness we appreciate individuality as much as a healthy lifestyle and our priority is becoming your fitness partner. Let’s show you how to reach your goals in a realistic and fun way! www.hotfeetfitness.com