Donuts. They are AMAZING! Especially when they are fresh-made from Lucky Donuts in Burien! And then there's beets. They don't taste like heaven on a plate, but they do your body much more good than a donut!
Why am I talking about beets & donuts? Because they are on the polar opposite level of what your body needs. It doesn't need sugar, it CRAVES sugar. It is addicting. I love sugar...and for that matter dairy. Last night I had a Smores cupcake from my son's 3rd birthday party, and then a large slice of Snickers ice-cream cake my Mom made. Yikes! The funny part is that after I ate all of that I still had a bowl of my son's goldfish crackers and then called it good. My poor body! Late night eating & snacking are never a good idea, especially if they are filled with sugar, additives, and ALL the calories.
ENOUGH RANTING! ENTER the need for a major REBOOT! That's why I am doing a 3 day vegan restoration to my system. I am going to call it V-BOOT. It's like a system reboot, but for your BODY! I want glowing skin, not puffy, a happy colon, not a backed up one, and to be honest I want to challenge myself to make the choices I know are good for me. I want my body & my mind to feel better. It doesn't matter what time of year, we can all benefit from a little detoxing & making nourishing choices! Here are the basics of my 3 day V-BOOT!
– Eliminate meat, dairy, eggs, processed food, fast food, fried food, alcohol, caffeine, sugar and gluten.
– Drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice twice a day for high intake of nutrients (about 2 cups).
– Snack smart – eat more nuts and seeds!
– Add color to my plate! Get in large servings of organic fruits & veggies (check out http://www.freggies.com)
– Supplement with superfoods for cleansing the liver – turmeric, ginger, spirulina, lemon.
– Increase my fiber intake for flushing out toxins – chia, flaxseeds, greens, broccoli, oranges.
– Drink two liters of filtered water or herbal tea every day.
– Consume healthy fats like cold pressed virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil, coconut oil, or avocado.
– Start my day with 10-15 minutes of a yoga practice or meditation practice to relieve stress and focus the mind. Look up videos on Google or YouTube with titles like "Yoga for Stress" or "Meditation to Detox the Mind & Body."
-Take long walks every day (if your schedule is very busy, maybe walking to work would be an option).
– Be present and focus on your body changes and emotions during the V-BOOT.
– Eliminate negative thoughts and feelings.
Will you join me?! Heck, take a before picture like I did and see how much better you will look and feel after just 3 days. If you want to learn more about how to take care of your body, practice healthy habits, and build an understanding of how to live a more vibrant life, come check out the 6 week Live Healthy Program we have starting February 22nd. Here's all the details! https://www.facebook.com/events/1884842041545514/
Now go get your BOOT on!
Director of Operations & Studio Manager
Hot Feet Fitness